Itã¢â‚¬â„¢s Actually Not Easy Wanting to Be a Supporting Male Lead

babyjet wrote:oh and by the way, the DFO( SHUJA NAQVI ) had his son, AROOSH NAQVI to be one of the invigilators among the lot. How the hell did he manage to invigilate the exam when there are about 400 other pilots who are quite senior to him ?

I am curious as to what are his thoughts on this issue ? would you mind replying Mr. Aroosh ?

Hello Everyone
First off all let me tell you, I even applied in 2008's advertisement and never made it through. Now the question arises, should I even act like someone from the ranch or just try and think for a second and start accepting hard facts.

I can understand people have different grievances all around, probably for not getting through even after getting the most dolly paper in the history of our airline, but can we just act sensible and not point at things unnecessarily. In my opinion the whole induction process was very very clean up till the interviews. It’s good on PIA's management that they came out with a CPL level paper and not something out of this world. What if the same DFO, MD and who ever, produced a tougher paper, were would all these whiners be standing, nowhere, they won’t be in a position to question anyone, and still all those captains son will clear it even though not from a very high margin.

Secondly, why don’t people get that it’s just not about the test or the knowledge one holds. I think in today’s world it more about the personality and character what companies look forward for, and for which the Interview Panel did consist of the Head of HR, Head of Operations, Head of Employment, and Head of one of the Fleet. Giving all correct answers in an interview does not necessarily means that you are the material which the airline is looking forward for. I ask this question from all the people out there "Being a head of recruitment whom would you hire,
a.) A person with better knowledge and zero personality and reputation
or
b.) A person with improving knowledge and positive personality and attitude
obviously ever sane person would go for option B.
I know alot of people from this very induction process, who do not have anyone literally not a single person from past five decades ever working for the airline, or having any influential sources, still they made it to through the process. Alot of them scoring higher marks then me and some of my friends were given a lower weight age just because their interviews. The only reason they did not whine about is that they somehow did manage to get through the process or were sensible and educated enough to understand why it happened so.

I can state the news in papers to be of a very low weight age or authenticity just because whole content just does not co-relate to what actually happened. Why can’t we just accept the fact that a person who’s DAD, MOM, CHAHA, TAYA, UNCLE or BROTHER earlier working for the airline or aviation are in a much better and confident position as far as knowledge and operations are concerned. I mean he or she is more likely to know about the basic terms and what they mean even before entering a flight academy compared to a person not knowing anyone. Now if anyone says that 'No that is not possible, I can be of the same standard as him or her knowing someone close to be working in the airline', then I have to say he or she is just being a WANNA BE or a WANT TO BE. It just like a cobbler's son knowing how to stitch a shoe or a lawyer's son or daughter knowing most of the acts and laws, even though if he or she is does not pursue the same field for themselves.

Lastly, the thins which does makes some sense in the whole of induction process, which I even think is an eye opener for everyone is bringing the total passing percentage to 60%, when there were alot of candidates in a much better cadre. This is something which was very disappointing for alot of people and clearly highlights the reason of why did it happen, and let’s not elaborate on it and get into an argument once again.
Now this again is all about the perception of different people, who gave the orders to get that percentage to a figure of SIX ZERO. I know alot of people might just point their fingers on the DFO, MD, Chief Pilots HR etc etc, when nobody including me really knows what has been happening. Was it really them or the political pressure from all the angles which made them drop it to this level? A person like DFO, MD, Chief Pilots though I don’t know anyone of them personally, would never want unprofessional people in the airline who would just jeopardize the safety and their own reputation for the whole induction just like the prior Management is being presently.

Different people have different mindsets and I really honour their process too, but just blaming a person for being DFO's Son is not what I call class. I don’t know Mr.AN personally nor have I ever met him, but one thing is for sure what I have heard from people, a person whose DAD is one of the Star Captains in the airline, whose Grandfather was one of the captains in the airline, whose blood relatives are SIM Instructors in some of the most reputable airlines in the world, has to be one hell of a professional, and I guess probably is and that is the reason alot of people are offended. Getting into a position where your dad is a Director is one thing, but maintaining that stature of being his son and proving to be an Excellent Professional throughout (though I don’t know about him being personally) is what I think alot of captains’ sons’ lack. I mean just give credit to the guy for being what he is, and if somebody boasts so much about their wit and power, why don’t they go ahead and deal with him with his Dad being in the management and not wait till his tenure is over. Again I am not being offensive just a thought.

But, again as I said it’s all about people's mindset. I aint calling the management to be pure and rustles, because I really don’t know anyone in the management on a personal or professional level, but I guess some people love carrying the word of the mouth from their surroundings (again not directed to people already in the airline, you have all the right to state your facts) but to people who can just go up to Journalists and Media hitting their heads on ground telling them that the whole induction process was conducted in a delusional and unprotected manner JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE INDUCTION PROCESS ANYMORE, I am sure if they were one of the candidates passing through the process they would not even give a flying fudge of what happened, instead just be the spectators and enjoy the limelight.

PS: I was not able to get PIA, which is still my dream and will always be. I guess I am one of the most saddest person amongst everyone in aviation who knew his worth compared to others but still could not, but for that I just cannot stand up and start yelling about the process being non transparent and biased, captains son being sitting ducks, DFO, HR, MD, CP'S and rest being incompetent, rather be a man enough and object things which are wrong and not things which are being POTRAYED wrong.

Long Live Pakistan
Long Live PIA .... (I still crave for you) :-)

Happy Landings and congratulations to every individual being part of this airline. Respect it, and Own it.

hillancend.blogspot.com

Source: https://historyofpia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14659&start=15

0 Response to "Itã¢â‚¬â„¢s Actually Not Easy Wanting to Be a Supporting Male Lead"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel